Sunday, April 25, 2010


No, I have never been rock climbing before. What difference would that make. I saw a movie once where they were rock climbing. Does that count? Well, no, I found out. I did do some rapelling once but that is going down. This time would be going up. Or trying to go up. Heck, I thought we were rock climbing when we were just hiking to route. Seemed like climbing to me. Well, it got steeper, way steeper. My friend Chris is instructing some folks from Rock Springs. They are trying to get ready to climb Devil's Tower in May. This route was a 5.7. I think I needed a 1.7. As they say, any climb you can walk away from is a good climb.

1 comment:

  1. Last fall, I climbed up to the base of Devils Tower (Bear Lodge). It was a tough climb for a teetery old man. I bagged some nice panorama photos of it. Wikipedia has a nice article about it. There are folk older than yourself who have made it safely to the top. Hitch up!

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete