Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Little Cottonwood Creek

I have found a wonderful spot to fish on Little Cottonwood Creek. It takes 8 minutes to drive to and 5 minutes to walk to after that and I am fishing. So far I have caught Brookies and Rainbows. Yesterday I picked up four Rainbows. The fish are crafty. It took me an hour and a half to bring these guys in. I was surprised that a couple of them went 10 and 11 inches. Nice size for a small creek like this. The fish don't hold in the fast water but prefer pools and back eddies. I had to wade in the water to prevent my backcast from landing in a tree. When I catch a fish, I always move on. It is one hole, one fish territory. I had success with attractors; stimulators, royal wulff and trude, and parachute adams. I know there must be some bigger fish lurking in the fast water but so far have not been able to bring one up out of there. Here is a shot of one of the Brookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment