Sunday, November 29, 2009

On The Mend


I had my hip replacement surgery last Tuesday and I am on the mend. The day after surgery they started walking me with a walker and boy did that smart. Getting in and out of bed was(and still is) a prodigious task. The following day I walked a lot more and on Friday yesterday I used crutches to get around. I came home from the hospital yesterday much to the delight of the dogs. I had a home healthcare nurse come in and evaluate me and get some blood to check my protime. That will tell if I am anticoagulated enough. Later that afternoon, my physical terrorist came and put me through the paces. I thought I would just walk around inside the house but she said, nope, we are going outside. I started with two crutches and graduated immediately to one crutch.We went all the way to the mailboxes and back. She then had me do some exercises that are designed to elicit the maximal amount of pain. She will be back Monday with more torture devices and schemes. The wheels may be coming off the wagon but I am trying to get them put back on.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Jim. I know how good it feels to walk to your mailboxes and back. Soon you will be walking beyond!

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,

    Wow - I didn't know you had hip-replacement surgery. Ouch - that and a physical terrorist can't be fun. Hang in there - you'll be back to your old self in no time. Thinking of you.

    Love,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete