Saturday, November 14, 2009

Swine Flu

Sam has been substitute teaching at the Madeline Choir. That is until he came home sick with an ILI(influenza like illness). It has been a week and now and he is turning the corner. We are calling it the swine flu or H1N1 to be more precise. I got the Tamiflu to him pretty early so I think it moderated his clinical course for the better. I got my H1N1 vaccination 10 days ago and I hope my immunity kicks in before I get exposed. In the meantime I am doing all the things promulgated by CDC.

1 comment:

  1. Dang; that’s disappointing news about Sam’s flu.

    I’m scheduled to get a regular flu shot next week, but there is no swine vaccine in the area.

    I haven’t had a flu shot for at least 9 years. The last time I got one, I came down with a nip-and-tuck case of the flu. Go figure? I think it was one of those live virus things; not sure. But I was really sick.

    Nan has ordered me to get the regular flu shot this year, and a shingles shot too. We just had our roof tiles cleaned last year, but never-the-less.

    I do my best to stay away from children, and I am pretty successful at it.

    I’ll call ‘em out. STOP! NO CLOSER!

    This has unnerved some mothers in the grocery store. But hey; I’m a feeble old man, and I can’t risk getting exposed to these young buggers.

    Hope you don’t get it either.

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete